Friday, May 8, 2009

Assigned to my project! :)

Hey to all of my followers out there! (is anyone listening? I'm not really sure...)

I got my placement for my volunteer trip which is 3 weeks from today. Yes, THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY. I can't wait!

I will be volunteering for the organization Suncokret in Gvozd, Croatia. If you're interested, please check out the website.

http://www.suncokret-gvozd.hr/engleski/about_us.html

Right now, I'm not exactly sure what I personally will be doing once I get there, but as a group, we will be working at the summer camp, playing with the children, teaching an internet literacy class, helping the community establish itself, and introducing our culture to them; however, we will be doing anything and everything else our organization asks of us. There is plenty to be done there, so we will be busy all day, everyday.

I got my travel pack - it is one huge backpack! - and I will be living out of it for 4 weeks. Hopefully everything I need will fit... the list ISV sent is quite extensive, and we have to save room for all the souvenirs and gifts we bring back.


xoxo, until next time : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home